Friday, June 5, 2009

Touching

Today after work, I went home on time. Switched on my laptop and thought to burn my videos in DVD. When I tried to ‘filter’ those unused / not interesting videos, I found one made my cried.

In Korea, there’s a program name STAR KING, which is a talent show for ANYTHING. Yup, anything, e.g.: singing, special kungfu, cooking, etc. This time, they had a 3rd time winner came this program. All of them are handicap kids, they can’t see, their face look alike retarded, but they all can sing, especially the 2 boys. First song they sang was “Happy Day” from the OST of Sister Act II. I love this song when I first watched this movie; I even bought the DVD and watch it all the time. I never know there still got other people will like it too. When they started sang, my tears dropped nonstop. I really can’t stand cuz I think all of them so talented and brave.

The 2nd song was sang by the 2 boys with a blind man plays harmonica who very well known in Korea. The blind man the choir teacher; he’s the one who encourage the entire handicap small kids join their choir. And, the 2nd song was “I Believe I Can Fly”. Again, my tears dropped like flood. Not only their singing very best, but, I had a thought at that time. Back to 4 yrs ago, my ex-bf loved this song so much; but I was not. Although I like this song, but I hate it after my ex-bf sang thousand times in front of me, made me feel irritated. But compared with the boys, I suddenly felt this song and lyric super touching! This song is like talking about them. How brave they are. Look at those normal people, still wasting their precious time doing nothing. How shame they are.

Look at them, I feel shame of myself. Even though they can’t see, but they still try hard on learning how to sing and perform with full confident in front of stranger. Of cuz, one of the reasons is, they can’t see anything. Anyway, I really learnt a lot from them, and I tell myself, I must have their spirit and live on bravely and confidently.

No comments: