Monday, April 20, 2009

Home Alone

Mum’s back to Ipoh again for Monday Jusco Day, and again I’m HOME ALONE. When this morning she left, I saw her Korean boss again, merely wanted to use my broken Korean to greet him, but when he saw us, he said in English. Maybe he already gets used with Malaysian culture cuz he’s been here for almost 7-8 yrs. I still can remember when the first time we met, he even speaks the Malaysian English, “Lah”, “Meh”. It’s funny when I heard that.

After That I went KLCC, Kinokuniya with my aunt NSL. Both of us wanted to buy book, language study. She wanted to buy the Spanish Dictionary and some of the practices; I wanted to buy the Japanese Grammar book. She used to learnt Japanese before and end at the 2nd level, cuz her classmates don’t want to further level. Just like me, I thought I can finish my intermediate level, but still can’t. Due to others’ person reason, we stopped.

But never mind, that’s why I start back my Japanese language study at the same school my aunt at. Before I realized the existing of Korean language, I had studied myself of Japanese since I was in high school. That time I was so into the Japanese animation, I learnt to draw anime with a gang of friends, I bought a lot of Japanese anime magazines (I ordered monthly), and I bought the Japanese language self study text book, exercise books & dictionary, too. I dreamt to be a comic artist and found a lot of places to ask them whether got school for anime, but failed. I even tried online applied at Japan to study anime, but the fees so damn expensive, and I gave up. It’s a very nice time I had when I crazy finding the Anime School, drew the comic and exchanged the drawing opinions with my friends. I studied hell hard to understand Japanese no matter in reading or listening, of cuz at last I only can spoke and recognized some Japanese, haha. Today when I stepped inside Kinokuniya, the feel a little bit different. Liked I go back to the past. Reason why I start back? Fall for KATTUN, the first reason.

Talked with NSL, I asked her why learn so many languages. Cuz she’s not pro in it. She said,

“Although we’re not pro enough, and this is not important for me cuz I’m not gonna be a translator, but I wanna know their culture thru language. The more you know, the more you know about them. This is for our personal knowledge also. If really deal in business, we can hire a professional translator.”

Before listen her words, I always think, “Shall I learn other languages also?” cuz I’m so worried I can’t understand well enough like a professional. But after listened to her, I changed my mind. Cuz, I totally forgot the main reason why I wanna learn Korean. Of cuz I wanna chase TVXQ, but the main reason is, I wanna know what are they talking about every time in the interview, without the help of the subtitle. Finally I did it. Although not as good as others, but I did it. I won’t quit Korean cuz I will do self study. In the same time I will attend Japanese language class too, to enrich my knowledge about the culture and can faster get understand what KATTUN say every time I watch their program ^^.

Almost 1a.m., I have to sleep now.

P.S. One thing I feel sad when I at Kinokuniya, I didn’t see my KATTUN calendar there!!! Where’s it!!!!!

2 comments:

SoNg $0nG said...

You are the most determined person i know.. I also want to learn these two languages but $$$ and determination always held me out but.. I'm glad I'm able to pick up some simple phrases thru all those dramas i watched over the years.. haha.. even korean.. like now, in the local tv, there's a day where they air japanese drama without subtitle but I'm sooo crazy to sit in front n try to pick up phrases of words that i understand..hahaha... and even the commercial is in jap too~ i like watching those commercial, interesting...hehe..btw, still using my broken korean saying hi to local korean that i meet..hehehe...

Sam Ng said...

when you said DETERMINE,i fisrt think, why i so determine? but i just wanna do things according my heart.